To this end the purposes* of CAAA are:
- To provide leadership to develop and support quality Arts education programs for all of Connecticut's students.
- To collaborate with national, state, and local organizations to achieve world-class state and national standards in Arts education.
- To serve as a forum for communication and collaboration on arts education issues between leaders of K-12 programs, community arts organizations, state agencies, and higher education (including teacher preparation).
- To serve as a support network for sharing information, innovations, and strategies among school arts administrators.
- To provide professional growth opportunities for leaders of arts education programs.
All meetings will take place via zoom
except where otherwise indicated.
November 12, 2020
Business Meeting - 3:30-4:15pm
Professional Development - 4:20-5:30pm
Spring 2021 Date TBA
In this Professional Development, we will consider how social emotional learning is at the heart of interaction in the arts classroom. What do we do that enhances this and what do we do that hinders it? We will consider these questions and examine real world examples of social emotional learning in the arts.
Experienced Arts administrators will offer suggestions to support districts in planning and implementing standards-based units that are meaningful and purposeful to driving teaching and learning.
CSDE Collaboration Webinars:
Pioneering Together: Visual/Media Arts November 18, 2020, from 4:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Experienced Visual and Media Arts educators will share current resources being utilized in schools and districts to plan and implement a variety of lessons in the varying teaching and learning environments.
Designing Concept-based Arts Learning in Synchronous and/or Asynchronous Environments December 2, 2020, from 4:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.