To this end the purposes* of CAAA are:
- To provide leadership to develop and support quality Arts education programs for all of Connecticut's students.
- To collaborate with national, state, and local organizations to achieve world-class state and national standards in Arts education.
- To serve as a forum for communication and collaboration on arts education issues between leaders of K-12 programs, community arts organizations, state agencies, and higher education (including teacher preparation).
- To serve as a support network for sharing information, innovations, and strategies among school arts administrators.
- To provide professional growth opportunities for leaders of arts education programs.
All meetings will take place via zoom
except where otherwise indicated.
CSDE Collaboration Webinars:
January 21, 2021: Social Justice Theme
Join the CSDE, CAAA, and CMEA as we partner to support teachers and administrators in teaching during these challenging times. Mr. Eric Nunes will share innovative practices (aligned to the student data privacy act) regarding teaching music composition. Eric is the General Music and Music Technology teacher for Regional High School District 8.
Teaching Music Composition Using Technology January 13, 2021 from 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Business Meeting - 8:30-8:45 am
Professional Development - 8:45am